In a nutshell
I was born and grew up in Mexico city. Since then, I have had the great privilege and opportunity of living in a number of other places I have come to call home: the US, Japan, France, and most recently Germany. I currently live in the Chicagoland area where I keep myself busy with lots of words and big ideas (both in my job as a lawyer and author).
Super Awesome upcoming project:
Marie Curie and the Power of Persistence started as a great idea to honor an exceptional woman. In 2017, the Marie Curie Alumni Association brought me on board to write a book about Marie Curie. We launched a fundraising campaign for the book, and it exceeded our wildest expectations. It also caught the interest of one very special publisher who helped us take this book to an entirely new level.
Coming in the summer of 2019, Sourcebooks will be publishing the first book in the Super Science Heroes series in which we depict science as it really is – an epic adventure, complete with heroes, villains, and amazing superpowers.
Favorite Online Resources
Over the years, I’ve relied on a number of excellent resources to guide me in this wonderful journey. These are some of my favorites.
Writing for Children
- Kidlit 411
- 12×12 Challenge
- Rachel Burk’s Resources for Children’s Writers – extensive resources for children’s writers.
The Craft of Writing Well
- Query Shark – excellent advice on what makes a good (and bad) query.
- Agent Query Connect – forum for all things query, including critiquing.
- Query Tracker – quick and dirty stats on agents’ query response times and comments.
- Preditors & Editors – educate yourself on the good (and bad) agents out there.
- Absolute Write – everything you ever wanted to know about specific agents and publishers.
- Literary Rambles – comprehensive and insightful Agent interviews and other goodies.
- Sub It Club – FB group for all questions about submissions
Hope this helps!